We know that frequent flyers like yourself want to immediately contact your loved ones back home when you land in a foreign country, to let them know your flight was fine!
To ensure that you have a quick, convenient & affordable way to drop a line back home, We offer you IR SMS.
IR SMS allows you to stay in touch with your contacts and loved ones via SMS only when you roam around the world. This service gives you the option to receive and send SMS when you are abroad, without having to activate voice and other regular VAS services.
IR SMS service can be activated from your handset using the Airtel Menu:
- Before activating IR SMS from your Airtel Menu, you need to meet certain eligibility conditions and submit a few documents to us. (Please see the subscription requirements for IR SMS services.)
- All incoming and out going voice calls will be barred after activating IR SMS therefore please activate IR SMS just before leaving Bangladesh.
- To reactivate your voice call facilities after coming back to Bangladesh, you need to deactivate IR SMS. This can be done from the Airtel Menu (by clicking on ‘Deactivate’ inside the ‘Intl.Roam SMS’ menu)
- Standard SMS charge is applicable for activation/deactivating SMS Roaming.
- VAT applicable.
- Conditions applied.
Subscription requirements for IR SMS
You can avail IR SMS by meeting the following conditions
- Postpaid Connection with ISD facility
- International Credit Card (own name) / RFCD Account / FC Account
- Valid International Passport
- Security Deposit of BDT 1,000 (Refundable)?
To subscribe the IR SMS service, you also need to submit certain documents to us as follows:
- Duly filled subscription form **
- Photocopy of valid International Passport (first 7 pages)
- Photocopy of valid International Credit Card / RFCD Account / FC Account
** In order to download the Subscription form, click here (208 KB)